Four years and counting...: Musings on life...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Musings on life...

It's Henry's birthday today. He is two years old. How is it possible?

On big days like today, I think it is normal to take a look at your life and think about things.

What have you learned? What do you want to learn? What's not working for you?

I am very thankful for both of my boys. Dan, thanks for everything. You are an amazing husband. Jen, thanks for calling tonight. You really made me think, and that was a good thing.

I think one of the things I am really working on is that I can only be the best me I can.
I am working on that person. Every. day.
Some days I don't do as well as others making myself that better person.
Some days I do better.
I also need to work on letting go of what other people think, or if they approve of my choices and lifestyle. It's hard when some people just don't give you the love and approval you are looking for. It's also hard to realize that you shouldn't really be looking to them anyway.
Because, in the end, what really matters is the love in your heart, and that you truly loved.
Thank you, Henry Charles, for allowing me to open my heart bigger than I ever thought possible, and love you in a way I never dreamed a mother could love.
You are an amazing boy. I may not always give you what you want, but I'm going to love you forever.
I know that whole roots and wings quote is smarmy, but I really am going to try to give you both.
Happy second birthday.
Momma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com