Four years and counting...: Holy Crap! DAY 20!!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holy Crap! DAY 20!!

I know. The experiment is over. Why post about it now? Well, I thought I would bring you up to speed.
I got behind on my receipts, but let me say I did stick to the essentials. I did not shop just for the sake of shopping, and I figure I spent about 500 dollars less than the month before. I made do, and did without whenever I could.
Was it a good exercise? YES. Did I think more about my purchases? For sure.
I'm going to do this again, but after the holiday for sure. It's just too tough right now to keep my work head above water AND do this.
I have to say, it was fun. Till I fell off the wagon. :) The posting wagon, that is.
I even went to CHICAGO and spent no money, except for food and lodging. I have never ever done that before.
What are the items I am going to buy after the fugality is over??
1. Fly lady duster. (www.flylady.net)
I'll be on the lookout for an electric WOK (can't use our real one on the electric flat top stove here)
That's it. I'm amazed.
Ok, I have to go get Henry up.
Also, I may start posting about all of the lovely crafts I am making for Christmas presents. I'm really excited with the ideas I have come up with this year. It's going to be even better than last year!
M.

1 Comments:

At Fri Nov 28, 03:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I am very impressed with your frugal spending. =)
I would love to hear about the crafts too. Julian & I made ornaments for relatives, and it was really fun & inexpensive! I am still trying to figure out how to fix the glaze on a few of them though. =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com