Four years and counting...: Good News! (and day 8)

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Good News! (and day 8)

My Dr. Called this morning, and the preliminary results are that I have Hashimoto's Tyhrioditis.
I never have been so happy to be diagnosed with a disease!
We'll have complete results on Monday, but so far, so good.
I'm not really ready to put into words how this feels. More soon.
As for the 20 days? We're doing well. But we have to spend some cash today.
Yesterday we walked to the library, and other than gas for work, I didn't buy anything. Total for the day: $0.

That brings the grand total to: $157.51
Price per day:19.68

(This price will get totally jacked up today with all of the things we have to buy. As a sidenote, I have found myself picking things up in stores, and putting them back, due to this challenge. I know we're saving money. Even though after today it may not look like it!)
Did I tell you I have been doing my own manicures and pedicures? I'm saving at least 40 bucks each time. When we were in Chicago, I had at least one mani pedi a month. That's over 500 dollars a year!! The last one I had was for Mothers day. Maybe I'll get one for my birthday!?!! I have been using a buffer I already had for my nails, and they are nice and shiny. This is important as every new mom knows when you wash your hads 350 times a day, nail polish does not stay put!
Now, I need some new undergarments. (sorry if this is TMI, but you must want to know if you are reading my blog) I need to just throw out almost everything I have and start over. The type I like the best are on sale today and tomorrow for about 50% off. Although I am being frugal, to walk away from that savings just because I am trying to spend money is crazy. (Only because I am going to buy them either way...) So, I'll buy the bras and panties I need, and post with prices, though it's going to make my per day cost go through the roof!
We also need some grocery items, and we're going to the thrift store. Brace yourselves. It's going to be MONEY MONEY MONEY today.
I'm so glad I have some of the weight off of my shoulders for the weekend. I was going to start drinking heavily. (I kid! I kid!)
I have also started making a list of the items I am not purchaasing, but know they are "wants". At the end of the 20 days, if I still want them as much as now, I am going to go ahead and buy them. He're's what I am wisting for:

A Fly Lady Feather duster
refill buffing chamois for my manicure kit
donate ruined hand towels and bath towels and replace with new (hopefully cheap but nice quality from TJ MAxx)

(Note to self: Do not let anyone help you with laundry. Especially your very sweet and awesome but laundry misguided MIL. If you do, they might put your WHITE towels in with the dark loads. Then, you will have lovely blue-grey towels where your white towels used to be. Hrmmm. Better buy colored towels next time.)

Happy Saturday!
M.

4 Comments:

At Sat Nov 08, 10:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!
I am so glad. I was just talking with P about how I was worried about you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. =)
Good luck with the towels! My mom has the same issue with laundry. Growing up I never had white clothes, just various shades of pink and blue... =)

 
At Sun Nov 09, 10:00:00 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Good news, indeed! It was so wonderful talking to you the other day. I'll look for you on Monday, if you're on-line.

love you,
j.

 
At Tue Nov 11, 06:50:00 AM , Blogger JP said...

I never thought I would say this but - I'm so glas that you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis!!! Way to go! Good job! nice work, fella!

 
At Tue Nov 11, 06:51:00 AM , Blogger JP said...

I never thought I would say this but - I'm so glas that you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis!!! Way to go! Good job! nice work, fella!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com