Four years and counting...: Day 5?

Monday, November 03, 2008

Day 5?

How can I lose count already? I think it's five.
Anyway, we had to make some purchases, but I'll show you how they are not going to count towards the total...
We had some items we needed at Menards (clips so we could re-install roller shades- more on that later, laundry detergent that was on sale, dimmers for our very bright living room lights, locks for the drawers in the kitchen, etc.) We had two items to return (17.81 in credit) and we also found two other credit vouchers we didn't realize we still had (about 50.00 total) and one rebate check for 2 bucks.
So, we did spend 33.86 on essentials for the house, but since all of this was from a refund credit we already had, I'm not going to count this towards the total. I hope that's ok with everyone, but since it's my little game, I make the rules, and that doesn't count. (Ha!)
Also, I'd like to give a little shout out to the a-holes at Babies R Us. I guess even a receipt there will not get you a refund on unopened items after 90 days. Guess I'm not going to be shopping there any time soon!
Also, on the shade story, I wanted to elaborate on the reason why the shades are so important. When we were at Dan's holiday party on Saturday, several of his employees commented about how our house was so beautiful, and they LOVED the toile wallpaper in our dining room. ummmm, WTF?!!?!?!?! They know where we live, and are driving by and looking in the windows!??!!!
Um, one set of blinds for the frone of the house, STAT! Dan will be installing them tonight, thank you very much, :)
Total Day 5: $0. (Due to the credit and no out of pocket costs.)
Five day average: $20.32

Final thought, my dear friend J gave me a link to a website where a lady spends 20 bucks a day I think...I'll check it out and link it up if I like it.
XO, M.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 04, 08:44:00 AM , Blogger JP said...

Well, your toile wallpaper IS gorgeous.

 
At Tue Nov 04, 01:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks about BabiesRUs! Do you have any other locations nearby? We have 2 equally (far) here and I found one is flexible about returns and the other isn't. I even managed to return a pump with big huge "no returns after opened" labels on it. Not worth a long drive with gas $$ but if there is another one close?

I am so impressed with your saving!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com