Four years and counting...: Something New...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Something New...

With the crap state of the economy, and a new sewer line bill paid to the city here, we are feeling the pinch of expenses and seeing a nice bite taken out of our Emergency fund. This does not address the many thousands we have recently lost on our Roth IRA, and we are not even looking at the losses in our 401K.
So, what's a girl to do?
For the next 20 days, I am going to try to spend money on nothing. That's right, you heard me, NADA.
Now, there will be some things I will need, milk for Henry, his yogurt, and emergency items. Gas to and from work will also be included. Other than that, I am going to try to live off of the items in our pantry, freezer, and home.
Entertainment? Free stuff. Library. Childrens museum. (We already have a membership.) Finish some craft projects we already have here.
Food? Eat the stuff in the house.
Shopping? None. I'm really going to try.
I'll post on my progress, and hopefully I will manage to save some dough in the process.
Frugality, here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com