Four years and counting...: Well, a lot can happen in one day.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Well, a lot can happen in one day.

So, I guess I usually don't post too much about my political views on here, but I would just like to say I am sure yesterday was a monumental day for more people than just me. My reasons are many. I'll explain.
Yesterday I received a call directly from my doctor with my results. When the Doctor calls instead of his nurse, it's not a good sign.
I'm getting another biopsy today. I have one of the following two things:
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis or Thyroid Lymphoma.
Yep, it could be cancer.
But, it might also not be. This Thyroiditis is not a very big deal I guess. So, let's pray for that.
Brett came up to spend the day with me (Thanks, sweetie, I love you.) It was so great to have him here! He talked with me, cooked with me, and had a glass of wine to pass the time while Dan was still at work. It helped me to stay calm. (I was freaking out when I first heard the results.)
Now, I'm back to my Zen like state I was in before where I know worry does not help, it is only wasted energy. Hey, I'm sticking with that story.
If this is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, I won't have to do anything. I am already on Synthroid, so the treatment will be more of the same.
If this is Lymphoma, I will have to have surgery to remove half of my thyroid, and have radiation on the other half. I'll be a cancer survivor! I hope I don't have to go down that road, but if I do, I'll beat this thing. You can bet your sweet ass I will.
The rest of the night was not spent worrying. I made the biggest batch of my grandmother's kluske! It was HUGE! It took hours. But, I felt so much better after I was done cooking. Cooking is such a release for me. I was full of good endorphins by the time I was done.
Then, we spent the rest of the evening together, (Dan got home at about 9:45) and we were watching at exactly 10pm when they called the election, and announced our new preseident elect.
I feel like we all experienced a part of history last night. Wherever you are on the political scale, it's amazing! Two years ago when Henry was born, I was discussing Obama with my stepfather, and I said I thought he would be president. He had his doubts.
I was right.
I hope he is safe, and I wish him help and guidance. He has his work cut out for him.
I hope the biopsy today goes well, and I hope I have news by the end of the week.Maybe I can talk the doctor into giving me a valium. Hey, it's worth a shot.
Love, blessings, and good heath to you all.
XO,
M.

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 05, 11:04:00 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Oh, Honey! I will call you when I get home from work. Only answer if you feel like a chat. And if you're not up for it, I'll just keep trying.

I'm sending a great big love bubble your way.

I love you.
j.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com