Four years and counting...: Holy Crap, DAY12!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holy Crap, DAY12!

So, I have not been posting. There has been a lot going on!
I have to gather all of my receipts and own up to the huge grocery shopping trip and the Sam's trip to restock our house with food. I'll get to those soon, and update with numbers, though I'm sure my average has gone up quite a bit!
We did buy Henry a Melissa and Doug toy as a sort of "yay! your mommie does not have cancer" present. It was Dan's idea, and I'm not adding it into the daily totals because I am SLY like that.
Today, I called oout phone, internet and Cable providers, and was able to upgrade to a better HD package for 20 bucks less than we are paying now, and dropped all of our phone services to save a TON on that bill. (BTW, if you are calling me and there is a busy signal, call on my cell. We kissed call waiting good bye to save a buck or two.)
Our combined bill was slashed by over 60 bucks a month. Total saving for the next calendar year will be $734.54 over our previous cost! YEAH!!! I talked to the first person to try and lower the cable bill, and they could not help, but transferred me to someone who could. I will have full HD service with more channels and free movie channels for 3 months for 34 bucks with a 2 TV DVR!!! I have to say, at that price, it is totally worth it to me! (We were paying around 53 bucks a month.)
I'm going to work on Auto insurace and cell phone bills next, but I am hoping I can make changes to save that will not hurt us too much.
I'll try to hunt down all of my receipts and post. We've been staying out of just about every store (except thrift stores for Henry essentials like pants and shirt that fit him now- 3T! He's HUGE!!!)
I'm working more, which I hope will eventually pump money back into the emergency account. We'll wait, hope, and pray that happens.
More soon.
XOXO, M.

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 13, 10:00:00 AM , Blogger JP said...

Have you ever thought about cancelling your land line entirely? It's all the rage these days.


I hate comment moderation, by the way.

 
At Thu Nov 20, 11:02:00 AM , Blogger MLW said...

Hey, sorry about your comment moderation hate. Maybe I'll change my setting just for you, dollface. :)
Um, yeah. I talked to Dan about dropping the landline, but it is only costing us 14 dollars a month, and we are really keeping it just for 911 service. If there was a way to guarantee 911 on the cell phone in the way it works on the landline, I think it would already be gone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com