Four years and counting...: an interesting experiment

Monday, December 11, 2006

an interesting experiment

Hello!!
So, if you are the bedrest police, please ignore the restof this post. Seriously, there is nothing else to see here...
Dan could tell I was going crazy, so this sweet man was running all of my errands, and then came home to get me, just to take me with him to the "super store". Seriously, very sweet.
In the hospital, my nurse told me I could go out very occasionally if I was pushed in a Wheelchair. I loaded myself into one of those chairs with a small basket on the front, and we were off.
The first surprise to me is at this point in my pregnancy (9th month as of tomorrow) I get motion sick in a wheelchair. That's right, I needed to suck on a life saver and breathe deeply to keep from getting nauseous in the chair. That's not the interesting part of the story...
When I was in the wheelchair, I got so many stares, it really made me think. Is this how disabled people are treated all of the time? People were staring. They didn't even bother to make it look sly. It was like I was such an oddity to the shoppers that they wouldn't close their mouth and stop staring. No one asked what was wrong with me, oh no! That would be rude! Much better to just gawk and stare.
There was one notable exception. The lady in the fabric section was so sweet to me. She went totally out of her way to help out and get what we needed. Yay to you, crafty lady! I wish you many happy and productive projects. You are the nicest person in the store!
Needless to say, I walked out (was rolled out) of the store with 4 craft projects to work on while I am on bedrest. (I'd like to pretend instead that I am a victorian lady with "the vapors", but I digress.) From this point forward, I will be busy crafting when I am not working to keep my days filled with activity. Horray for the crafts.
The baby has been doing the lambada all day long. This is going to be a dancer, for sure.
Much love,
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com