Four years and counting...: Hallow weenie

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallow weenie

It's Halloween, and I am working...multitasking in front of the door waiting for all of my neighborhood gouhls and goblins to come by and say hello. It's been a pretty slow night...not as many older kids that shouldn't be out, and lots of younger kids who should. I'm dishing out the candy like mad. It's fun to see them. I can't wait to dress up my own little peanut next year.
The Gestational Diabetes test came back NEGATIVE! That was GREAT. Also, they ordered another ultrasound for me since my belly was still measuring 31 weeks at 28 weeks. I had the US last Wednesday, and we were able to get TWO pictures of the baby's face, and one of it's profile. I'm not usually too emotional with this stuff, and I cried like a baby when I saw that sweet face. I swear, this baby is good lookin! The mouth and lips were so precious!
By measurement, they estimate that the baby is about 3 pounds already. THREE POUNDS! I still have about two months to go! Aren't you supposed to gain a pound a week on the baby. That's 11 pounds! I think that I will probably go early just due to the sheer size of this kid. :)
I vote for between Christmas and New Years...December 29th to be precise. Anyone else have any guesses?
Other than that, I have taken on many new responsibilities at work, and I feel like I'm "drinking from the firehose" so to speak. I'm going to have to be careful not to burn the candle at both ends to get everything done that I need to get done. :) I'm sure everyone else feels that way, but with the pregnancy, working into the wee hours of the morning just isn't an option like it used to be.
The Doctor also perscribed physical therapy for my hip pain. It's helping already, and I have only gone to two sessions. I love my PT lady; she rocks. Who wouldn't want a butt massage that is paid for by insurance, anyway? Err, maybe it's just me? (It really does help with the hip pain, though.)
We are getting the glass replaced in our patio door tomorrow, and then we should be set with the home repairs before the baby comes. Did I mention our dishwasher leaked? We were in the basement, and the diswaser leaked through the cieling. It just cracked and leaked for no reason. Had we not been in the basement at the time, we would have had extensive water damage. Lucky for us, both Dan and I were there, and we caught it before there was any damage. We got a new dishwasher out of the deal, which was not too bad, either. How very domestic of me, celebrating a new appliance...
Well, I had better get some more work done. Have fun eating candy everyone1
Marta :)

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 05, 06:37:00 AM , Blogger Meaux said...

I vote for December 30, which is when the coolest people are born (except for the even cooler ones who are born on December 4). Heh heh.

Wanna come to a wedding?? :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com