Four years and counting...: 25 and a babymoon!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

25 and a babymoon!

Hey everybody!
I am so happy I have been able to blog about my pregnancy. I have not been taking notes anywhere else, and this will give me a nice place to remember everything I have gone through. I can't believe we are at 25 weeks. I am starting to be like a little furnace. Last might, I work shorts and a tank top to bed, and I had to take them off because even above the covers, that was too hot. I kept pestering Dan, and he got up in the middle of the night and got a fan to blow on me and cool me off. Dan, you are a saint. I love you!
My belly button has about a half fingernail worth of depth left. I used to have a nice deep bellybutton. The button is no longer. Now, the bits that were on the inside are moving slowly to the outside. I wonder what it will look like when the baby is fully cooked... The size and shape of my belly are getting more impressive by day. I am going to post a picture of me and the buddha for everyone to see. Finally! The problem is, I have a new printer (Which is where I usually download the pictures from) so there is going to be a learning curve getting the pics here. Be patient with me, people! The picture will be of 24 weeks. I have taken one every 4 weeks since week 8, I think. Maybe 12.
The babymoon commences tomorrow. What is a babymoon you might ask?
Form USA Today.com:
If the honeymoon is historically about making babies, the babymoon is about making time for mommy and daddy.
Parents-to-be are seizing on the pre-stork period as a time to flee the nest to beach resorts and country inns where they're treated to massages, chocolates and Junior-safe sparkling cider.

This is exactly what we are doing. We are going to Door County to our favorite B&B, and stopping at some of our favorite wineries. (I'll be having the grape juice, thanks.) We are going to do some of our favorite Door County things like Al Johnsons (The resaurant with the Goats on the roof) http://www.aljohnsons.com/, We are going to go apple picking, maybe stop in at a few antique shops, and stop and see some of our favorite lighthouses.
I'm looking forward to the time alone with Dan the most.
We are going to stay a second night on the Lake where we have never been before- it should be really fun.
Let me try to get this picture downloaded. I'll let you know how it goes.
Marta :)

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 05, 10:26:00 AM , Blogger Monica said...

You look great!!!! It is so fun to watch the belly grow! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Love you,
Monica

 
At Thu Oct 05, 10:27:00 AM , Blogger Monica said...

You look GREAT!!! It is so fun to see the belly grow! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Love you,
Monica

 
At Mon Oct 09, 03:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for baby!!! I just read the whole blog.. it is getting exciting.. only 99 days left. Baby is loved from Sweden!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com