Four years and counting...: A sad post

Monday, November 06, 2006

A sad post






Hello everyone.
I have some sad news about my aunt Julie. On Sunday, she suffered a severe stroke, and has lost all brain function. She will be on life support until tomorrow when they can donate all of her organs. After that, she will pass away quickly. Probably within minutes. The part of the person I know and love that made her who she is already has left.
It's a very sad day for me. My aunt Julie was a really amazing lady. She had a way of making everyone around her feel loved and important. Not just anyone in this world has that gift. She was also one of my Dad's favorite people. I know he would be heartbroken. On the other hand, she'll be good company for him in heaven. I hope she makes him laugh, and tells him about how much fun we had at my baby shower three weeks ago. We had a nice talk, and I felt very close to her then. I had no idea it would be the last time I saw her. I'm so thankful I had time to talk to her that day. I am so thankful she was there. I'll post a picture or two of her from the shower.
Tomorrow, I'll ask the Doctor if I can travel to the funeral. I'm unclear about the limits for travel away from home. I know it's too late for me to fly already... We will probably have to drive to MN for the funeral. I don't want to miss it, though.
30 weeks already. If I have the baby on my schedule (like that ever happens) it means I have seven weeks left.
Auntie Julie, I miss you already. M.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 07, 04:49:00 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Marta,
I am sorry to hear of your Aunts passing. Please take care of yourself during this time it is hard to travel when you are that far along! I love and miss you and our thought are with you. I also wanted to let you know that we had our baby on the third, she was only one day late as I was due on the 2nd so it is always possiable your little one will arrive on time!! Love you all,
Monica

 
At Fri Nov 10, 07:20:00 PM , Blogger i'msofain said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. She sounds like a great lady. I'm glad you got to see her at your baby shower.

I am getting excited for you about the baby, though. Seven weeks is getting really close!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com