Four years and counting...: Everyone Has an opinion.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Everyone Has an opinion.

Good morning everybody.
Dan and I had a wonderful weekend. We were able to spend the day in Chicago on Saturday. It was GORGEOUS. It was in the high 70's and sunny, and the whole town was sparkling and new. We walked around our favorite shops, took a WOW BAO picnic to Watertower place (That was beautiful) and we had a lovely walk through Millennium Park and Grant Park. We then had a lovely party with many of our friends here in the area. (Thanks Pete and Chris!) It was heaven.
Yesterday, I spent much of the day with Dan grocery shopping and doing some advance cooking. I made 8 meals yesterday. I was so tired! I can really tell the difference in my energy level when I have marathon jobs to complete like that. It will be nice not to cook at all this week, though!
I thought I would comment on the advice we are getting. It's amazing. As soon as you are pregnant, you are told what is the best way to do things. No matter what, people will tell you exactly what they did, and why anything else is nothing short of child abuse.
Some of our neighbors talk about not getting an epidural every time they see us. I'm always making jokes about how I would have the baby in Columbia if they would give me more drugs, and then I get subjected to the lecture about how the epidural is REALLY for the DCOTOR and not the mother. Bull$hit! Is the Doctor pushing a softball out of his penis? Nope. I think it's for the mother. Anyway, how would she know? She never had the time to choose. If you have the baby 9 minutes after you get to the hospital, there are not a lot of choices left for you when it comes to pain medicine... Anyway...
We are also catching lots of flack for finding out what the baby is. It's the first question out of everyone's mouths- do you know what you are having yet??? I think we have decided not to find out. You are dammed either way with this argument.
If we do wait, everyone is pestering you like, YOU ARE TORTURING US! FIND OUT OR WE WILL DISOWN YOU.
You can't win on that one either way, man.
The budda is getting bigger, and I do think the boppy is helping me with sleeping, although my sleep is still kind of crappy anyway. But I think it would be worse without my trusted pillow and friend.
Happy Monday. It's 18 tomorrow! YAY!

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 28, 02:54:00 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I agree advise comes out of everyones mouth. I have found that we don't bring up subjects like pain medicine, circumsision, immunizations. Unless you know you are speaking to someone that you know has your same view points. I am now 31 weeks and people still ask if we know what it is and I just say no we want a suprise at the end. Everyone seems to be good with that answer. Just remember it is ultimatly you and Dan who will be raising this child and making the desicions. You both need to be comfortable with the choices you make. You are going to be wonderful parents and you getting an epideral or not is not going to make that much of a difference in the long run.
With love

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com