Four years and counting...: Gestational Diabetes

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gestational Diabetes

So, Monday I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. What does this mean? I need to watch everything I put into my mouth, eat exactly what the dr. says, and eat and test exactly when they tell me to. Not fun, but if it is good for the baby, I'll do just about anything.
So, I am learing how to count carbs and combine foods just the way they tell me to. I'm also testing my blood sugar 4 or more times a day. Ouch.
I'm just hoping for no insulin.
As of tomorrow, I will be no farther than 10 weeks away from having this baby. I'll be having the c-section on October 29th is not before, so maybe I should start buying the diapers I need and setting things up? just maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com