Four years and counting...: All baby all the time

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

All baby all the time

Henry is 11 days old. I catch myself looking at him and just bring amazed he is mine. How lucky am I that I get to be his mommy?
There is so much to tell. I'll try to run down everything since the birth.
After 28 hours of labor, I was a little disappoionted to have the c-section, but since he was so big, he would have had a hard time fitting through my birth canal.
On his second day, he was shaking, and anurse that saw him got very concerned. He earned a trip to the NICU, and Dan and I were immediately initaited as parents. I have never been more worried and inconsolable in my life. After a sleepless and tear filled night, and a million tests, they decided he was fine, and released him back to us. It was VERY SCARY.
The rest of the time in the hospital was recovering from the c-section, and just coming down off of the mountain from that emotional experience of thinking I might loose my perfect boy.
When we got home, the first night was a sleepless one. Henry had just been circumsized before we left the hospital, and he was not so happy. :) In total, Dan and I maybe had one hour of sleep all night. Maybe.
Since then, we have been pretty low key at home. The only times I have left the house were for dcotor's appointments for Henry, and one to get out my staples. (Ouch) My incision is looking pretty good, but all of the butterfly closures they put on have fallen off. I guess that they are not actually holding me together, but that was a little bit of a shocker. Since I left the hospital, I have lost 35 pounds! I still have another 30 to go, but the swelling is going away in my legs and my ankles and feet. (Thank GOD) and that accounts for probably 20 pounds of the weight I have lost. I will not miss the tight puffy feet and legs. Yikes!
Henry has been sleeping better each night sice he got home. Last night, this little prince slept trough his one am feeding, so I slept from 11pm until 4am!!! rapture! That was amazing. Way to go Henry!
Now I have seven weeks left to get to know this little man before I have to go back to work.
Watch your mailboxes! The announcements are ready to send!
M.

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 27, 01:40:00 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I want to see more pictures!!!!! When you have time it would be wonderful to see how he is growing. I hope you are doing well I will call you soon! Lots of love,
Monica

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com