Four years and counting...: Falso Laboro

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Falso Laboro

Last night, I thought for sure I was going into labor. I started getting pains in my stomach, and I thought, YES!It's Finally here!! So I decided to take Sammy for a walk to get things moving. I walked him around the block (It's about a mile). It was kind of painful the whole time. I kept talking to the baby, saying things like, Mommy's ready! Let's get this moving! I can handle it! Come on Baby!
Then I got home, and the contractions went away. Nuts.
We were able to set up the Pack and Play last night for the bassinett. We put it together, and it is in its place next to the bed in our bedroom. With my breastfeeding, it will be nice to be able to just put the baby into it and go back to sleep. This way, we get the reduced SIDS risk of having the baby in the room, without the Co Sleeping risk of rolling onto the baby or covering the baby with a blanket accidentally. (There is so much to worry about with a new baby!)
I have a bunch of work stuff I am tying up right now to make sure we are all set for my time out. I'm so glad it is a finite amount of time now. It's been a long road from week 37 to here.
I'm still having contractions, but I believe these are more of the braxton hicks variety.
Come on baby! Let's go!
M.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jan 10, 05:40:00 PM , Blogger Monica said...

Hi honey!!! It will happen hang in there. I started with Maya in a bassinet next to the bed and then we just ended up co-sleeping. We really like the co-sleeping and I had the same worry about rolling on the baby. But as a mother you will find out that it would be imposiable for me to roll over Maya. I am so intuned to her that I wake up if her breathing changes. You and Dan will know what is right for you but if you need any pointers on co-sleeping call me!! I love you all!

 
At Fri Jan 12, 07:32:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Marta!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Henry!!!

I knew he could do it.

-Ashley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com