Four years and counting...: The Seat DRAMA!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Seat DRAMA!

We had a little bit of car seat drama due to Consumer Reports.
We had registered for this beautiful seat at a baby store, and our AWESOME friends bought it for us. IT's was gorgeous, black and white toile. I LOVED IT.
Consumer reports came out with an article about our seat, that it failed a bunch of safety tests, and was unsafe to use. (It scored an 18, where the recommended seats scored a 64 and 61 respectively.)
Here's the problem: we have heard from so many people that you can't wait to install your seats since they take time to install correctly, and you don't want to try to do it at the hospital! So, Dan put them into the car, recycled the boxes, and we were all ready to go. Then, this report comes out, and I don't feel safe putting the baby in the seat, but we don't have the boxes to return them. Dilemma!
I called the store, and Dan had the receipt, so they agreed to let us change the old seat for the one recommeded by the study.
This was such a relief! I was worried I would go into labor before we could make the change.
Dan doesn't want me to post the article, but if you search comsumer reports and infant car seat you will find it.
I'm going back to the Dr. tomorrow at 10am, so hopefully I will have some baby news. I'm hoping all of this pain I have been in this weekend is doing something...
I'll keep you posted.
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com